Monday, May 9, 2011

CR03

I really liked the video we watched about copyright laws and Girl Talk.  Parts of it definitely got me annoyed, like how Disney stole the ideas for all of his movies from old stories but then copyrighted them so no one else could do the same.  Or how songs like Happy Birthday aren't even public domain yet, I think that's ridiculous.  But I did think the movie was very relevant to design because copyrights are something all designers need to be aware of to make sure they're not going to get sued for their work.  I also thought the group of former students who came in and talked to the class were helpful.  Hearing their stories about picking majors and switching departments and now finally having jobs in the design field made me feel better about still not knowing what I want to do with my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment